• International tourist arrivals to Thailand reached 19.7 million visitors, a 1.5% increase Y-o-Y. However, Chinese arrivals to Thailand decreased from 5.9 million visitors in H1 2018 to 5.6 million visitors in H1 2019, a 4.7% decrease Y-o-Y.
• According to STR Global, the overall Phuket hotel occupancy rate decreased by 6.4% Y-o-Y to 73.6% compared to the same period last year. Average Daily Rate (ADR) in H1 2019 decreased by 5.4% Y-o-Y, from THB 4,292 to THB 4,061.
• The decline in occupancy and ADR has led RevPAR to significantly decrease by 12.8% Y-o-Y, from THB 3,588 in H1 2018 to THB 3,129 in H1 2019.
• Eight hotels with a total of 1,281 keys were opened in H1 2019 namely Ramada Plaza Chaofah, Twinpalm MontAzure, The Bay Exclusive Hotel, Zenseana Resort & Spa, Movenpick Myth Hotel, Ozo Phuket, Aurico Kata Resort & Spa, and Le Resort.
• As of H1 2019, there are 142 hotels with a total of 24,388 keys in Phuket, an increase of 9.1% Y-o-Y. By 2021, Phuket’s total hotel supply will further increase by 24.8%, from 21 under-construction hotel projects with a total of 6,044 keys.